Rogers Gardenstone is an innovative family business based in the heart of Oxfordshire and has been manufacturing quality paving stones for your patio and garden for 58 years.
If you are interested in the company history or thoughts of the founder then please take a look at the Ramblings of the founder.
We manufacture a huge range of paving flagstones and path edgings. We only use raw materials of the finest quality, and where ever possible source locally. Our manufacturing staff are experienced craftsman who hand make each paving stone with care, to ensure your patio is of the highest standard.
We have created in our own design studio a range of paving, edging, walling and landscaping products that are unique to Rogers Gardenstone. During the design process we have ensured that the replica reproduction is authentic and where possible taken from original stone masters. For example, our range of decorative garden edging includes a full rope top edging with the classic Victorian 9” split to recreate an authentic Victorian appearance, rather than the mass produced 600mm or 900mm products. The garden is for many a sanctuary for others it’s a place for the family to play or for entertaining. Our choice of hand crafted products will help you feel at home in your garden.
A question you will often face is; Why choose Reconstituted concrete paving, rather than Natural Indian sandstone? Firstly, we have to be truthful here, you need to be aware that our comments are somewhat biased given we love the products we make, so for a completely biased view here are some things to ponder while making your choice:
- Reconstituted concrete paving is manufactured using only the finest quality of raw materials, and good quality concrete has stood the test of time, and its’ durability is proven against the cold and wet conditions of the UK winters.
- A wide range of styles and colours, many are reproductions of classic English products so popular down throughout the ages.
- All hand crafted using experienced local staff. No use of child labour-guaranteed.
- Natural Sandstone from India such as Raj Green or Fossil mint is very porous, and in our wet damp climate, especially during the winter, the surface attracts an unsightly build-up of algae and lichens. This can result in the sandstone surface becoming slippery which is far from ideal for your paved area.
- Poor quality Natural sandstone is prone to surface damage where the surface breaks down along the natural strata lineage. Poor quality Indian sandstone may not be suitable in the long term in our winter climate, and may breakdown due to frost/thaw damage.
The family tradition for casting started with the Rogers foundry at Henley on Thames – products as diverse as steam pumps and cast iron manhole covers were produced early in 1873. The fourth generation has continued with the tradition but changed the material. Now using only the highest quality of raw materials and casting techniques.