How to design with outdoor terracotta tiles
How to design with outdoor terracotta tiles. Terracotta tiles have been used outdoors since Roman times. The Roman settlers in AD100 Britain would re-create the style of outdoor space villa living that was so popular back home. As they settled in Britain they were keen to carry on their Mediterranean life style. It would appear, that like today, the changeable UK climate did not deter them from creating beautiful outdoor terraces to enjoy alfresco dining with family and friends. The product of choice was the terracotta tile, cut to different sizes and shapes to create interesting patterns and colour. We encourage you to explore our handmade, replica reconstituted stone terracotta tile range, and be inspired to create your own outdoor terracotta tile patio.
- Terracotta tile Siena – A subtle pitted surface ensures the tile replicates the original tiles found in and around Siena, Tuscany. Available in 3 sizes.
- Terracotta tile Old Provence – Each tile is handmade by experienced craftsmen, creating a range of reproduction reclaimed antique terracotta tiles, inspired by those found in Provence.
- Victorian floral tile – Enhance the style and beauty of your home with our range of Victorian path tiles, a reproduction quarry tile.
- Antique Terracotta patio border tile – Available as a Triangle and a Rectangle, perfect for creating a colourful patio border.
- Cheshire patio edging – You can use the Cheshire patio edging as a border tile, laid flat, or upright. Ideal for a path edging, or for use as a step riser.