How to get your patio ready for Spring
Spring is fast approaching and it will not be long before a warm dry day arrives and we will want to be enjoying our outdoor space. Just imagine sitting on your patio enjoying a fresh cup of coffee with the sunshine warming your face. So let’s be ready, here are 5 top tips on how to get your patio ready for the Spring:
- Clear patio– first job is to clear the patio of pots and furniture. It is always easier to give a proper clean if the surface is free of clutter.
- Tidy up borders and raised beds– trim any shrubs or stray branches and remove old dead flowers. Be careful not to cut back your spring flowering shrubs.
- Sweep up– use a stiff broom to sweep up all debris on the surface of the patio. Hopefully the Autumn leaves were swept away before the damp Winter set in! Damp leaves can stain the paving.
- Scrub clean– If you can, avoid using a power washer, if not used carefully may cause more harm than good. We recommend you use a stiff brush and warm soapy water to wipe away any dirt and algae. An old toothbrush can be handy to reach the finer areas. Hose down.
- Re-point– it may be necessary to re-point between the paving stones. You will be amazed at what clean pointing can do to the appearance of your patio, especially if it has not been done for a while.