13 October 2019
How to create a Mediterranean garden
Many of us have a love for the Mediterranean culture and certainly the weather! Why not create a piece of the Mediterranean in your own garden, so you can enjoy the alfresco dining experience. Or at least bring colour and vibrancy to your outdoor space. Here are 5 handy tips on how to create a Mediterranean garden:
- Style– a Mediterranean garden is full of colour and rustic charm. Create intimate spaces by dividing up larger garden areas;
- Paving- choose a terracotta tile paving with a rustic appearance, such as our Old Provence or Siena range;
- Gravels- light coloured gravels for paths or within courtyard spaces;
- Planting- olive trees planted in large terracotta pots, or bring colour with the frilly pink flowers of a bougainvillea;
- Pergola– create height and an intimate space with a well placed pergola. Grow a grape vine or a scented jasmine to provide shade in the summer months.